My "Shoot For The Stars" wall has turned out to be a great success. Students take many more tests at my school than at a typical school. We have a program called "mastery math" in which students take basically 15 tests every three weeks. This being said--it becomes kind of overwhelming and also insignificant. Students get burned out very quickly and stop trying. So...I have tried to create some new motivation and so far it's working. On each "Test A" which includes 5 small tests students get a star if they score a perfect score. The day that I pass back tests and talk about mistakes, students that made 100% get to decorate their star instead of listening to me go over the test. They have really gotten into it and spend a lot of time decorating. Also, students enter my class after test day saying "Did I get a star?!?!?" They can hardly contain themselves, it's cute! So here it is so far...all of my students' stars on the wall. :)
Here's my bulletin board from the beginning of the year. I want my students to understand that I'm a real person too, not just their teacher.
1 comments:
I love these! I bet you're a great teacher!!!
Post a Comment