Over the long July 4th weekend Mr. H and I traveled to Kansas to see some family. My adventurous and huge-hearted cousin is leaving for a year in Cambodia. She will be teaching English and helping people rebuild their lives after the unrest that has wrecked the area for so many years. God Bless You, Claire Bear--we love you! A few pictures were taken there but I don't have any of them :( sorry!
Once we got home we enjoyed some strawberries, blueberries, and cool whip. Excellent 4th of July dessert :)
After a couple relaxing days at home, we headed to see Mr. H's family. His parents are looking to retire in a few years a little closer to us--YAY!! During our fun and relaxing time with them, they may have found a lot to purchase and build their retirement home on. So happy for them!
Our days included playing in the sun...
...chilling on the boat...

...fishing off the dock...
...relaxing at the house...
...and of course eating good food.
sorry, no food pics.
This coming weekend we are headed to HP7 part 2! We have seen most of the movies with the same group of friends--and the tradition continues Saturday! WOO!!!
As far as school goes, remember the Common Core info I shared here? Well, this stuff is proving to be quite tricky. I will be teaching geometry next year and teaching it the common core way. No one has taught it based upon these standards and progression before--it's brand new. I haven't taken a geometry class since 10th grade and don't even know what part of the standards mean, oh boy. I am trying to rely on His strength, not mine and remember that ultimately, 8th grade geometry is not an eternal matter. I will work hard, I will do my best, and I will ask for help often, but ultimately, I don't need to stress out and work 24/7 next year. It will all be okay...
And on that note, here's how my morning started today. Delicious coffee milk and sugar with a little coffee in a beautiful mug with the Word of God. Perfect.






2 comments:
It was so good to see you two! We will have to make sure it is NOT like Aiden said, "See you in a long time!"
Love,
Debby/Mom
Jessie,
You will do fantastic teaching geometry!! Do not worry about it! He wouldn't give you something you could not handle. Are you still moving? Looks like your having fun.
See You Soon,
Alana
Post a Comment