Sunday, October 23, 2011

15 Minute Hem!

Hello everyone! I'm going to update on my OCM, but first I have fun news! I just hemmed some jeans for this week :) 15 minutes!! (Maybe 20 because I'm super particular and nervous around my sewing machine) But still--awesome! Take it from a girl that has hemmed some pants in life, this method ROCKS!  I followed the tutorial here exactly and my jeans turned out perfect :) I'm excited!!

Here is a recap and a couple pictures of my progress along the way.

Put on your pants and the shoes you'll want to wear. Flip up the hem to the desired length. Ask your hubby repeatedly "are the hitting the ground?" "are you sure?" "how close are they?" "are they too high?"

Then take them off and measure from the fold to the bottom of the hem (mine was about 2 1/2). Cut this measurement in half and re-fold (now mine are about 1 1/4). Pin in place.

Heat up your iron. Yes, I have a nice iron. But no, I do not like getting out the ironing board or waiting for it to heat up. Enter the handy-dandy hair straightener :)

Iron your fold real quick to make it nice and sharp.

Thread your machine with whatever thread you have on hand--you won't see it. Then using a zipper foot (so you can see exactly where you're stitching) stitch as close to the original hem as you can without stitching on it. There's a great pic in the original tutorial of this step.
Repeat on the other leg, flip the extra back up in the leg of the pants, and voila! DONE!!!! In case they're too long or too short you can always rip the seam out and re-do since you didn't cut the extra off. 

How awesome right?! 


Now on to my OCM Day 21 update. Bottom line--I love it! I don't think I'll ever go back to the store cleansers. My skin feels great: taut, moisturized, and cleansed. It's starting to feel a little too dry at times, probably because the weather and air are changing, so I'll be adding a little EVOO to my bottle soon :) It feels great to steam my face every night and I also wake up with more even skin tone now. YAY!!

More excitement this weekend--Mr. H and I walked around a very promising neighborhood scouting lots to build a house on. If we get super-serious about it I'll post pictures :) I'm trying not to get overly excited in case we decide to go a different direction, but the prospect of building a custom home is fun!

That's about it for now. I hope you've each had a great weekend with just the perfect balance of productivity and relaxation. Enjoy your Sunday night! Football anyone?

1 comments:

Kacie said...

Thanks for the post. You know I've got to hem some pants.

Post a Comment