This Saturday was fantastic! The last Saturday was also fantastic! Honestly, Saturday is probably my favorite day of the week. Monday through Friday entail work and Sunday often seems to be largely comprised of getting ready for work. This leaves Saturday as the hands-down best day of the week.
Last Saturday, Mr. H and I awoke at a decent hour and drove to Okie-Homie land to see some of my family that we missed over the holidays. It was a great day of relaxing a catching up. We are so blessed to have a close-knit family. I love them all! Wouldn't change it for the world!
After coming back home I decided to start that "new project" I referenced last post. Here are the first few pictures...
Yep, I'm taking a stab at jewelry making. So far, I love it! The two pieces above are what I whipped up last Saturday evening. I've worn them both to work over the last week and really enjoy the fact that they are unique, hand made pieces. Hobby Lobby has beads 50% off this week and I definitely see a shopping spree in the near future :) I'll post pictures of anything new I create.
Yesterday was a day of shopping and enjoying the company of close friends. Of the "fabulous four" (the four roommates from college) three of us still live close. One has moved just a couple hours away and, while we all wish she were closer, we still stay in touch. The group that had dinner consisted of 3/4 of the fab 4 and the husbands that go along with us. Conveniently enough, Mr. H's best friend is the husband of a fab 4 member. Confused? haha!
The Fab 4 at my wedding
The Fab 4 at E's wedding
The Fab 4 in New York City freshman year
The Fab 4 sometime senior year
Anyway, you get the idea...that's enough of a stroll down memory lane for now. I love these girls!!!! They are the best friends anyone could ask for.
This week, find some time to do what you enjoy. Get a fun beverage just because you deserve it. Make a fun dinner just because you can. Go to yoga class. Create sometime. Smile at a stranger. Make a difference.
I love you all and I pray you are blessed.



0 comments:
Post a Comment