Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Wreath!

Well here it is Christmas Eve and I'm finishing up my winter door wreath. Mr. H and I are enjoying our Christmas at home this year. On our holiday rotation schedule, it's time to be with my dad's side of the family for Christmas. Since he's currently out of the country we're all getting together a little late this year--more fun info on that at a later time. My mom will be coming over for Christmas tomorrow and the three of us are very excited about our low-key, pj-wearing, good-food-eating day!!! So today I'm finishing up my wreath, working out, cleaning up the house a little, and making some cookies for tomorrow :) Does Christmas Eve get any more perfect?!

I love my new wreath, and here's how I got there...

Step 1: gather supplies. A wreath, some ribbon, a hot glue gun, and some felt. 
Step 2: make your flowers. I followed this tutorial exactly pretty closely and here are some pictures along the way.


 
 
 
 
 


Step 3: Once you have your flowers, glue them to the wreath. I wrapped some ribbon and cut out a few random green leaf shapes to spice up the wreath a little.  



Hang it on your door and smile! :)


I want to add something to the other (empty) side of the wreath, but it's good enough for now. I'm thinking maybe our house number like this wreath? But I of course have to wait until we move because I want the new house number on our wreath!

Enjoy your Christmas Eve :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment