Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 1: Crafts & Art Museum

Apparently I was in desperate need of this break because boy did I make good use of it! First off, Mr. H and I slept in like nobody's business. I'm not even sure how many hours I slept but it was wonderful!!! Then I got to crafting :) I pulled out the ole crochet needle and started a new blanket. I haven't crocheted since I finished the dreaded hexagon blanket of '09, or maybe '10, or was it '11. Oh yeah--it took multiple years to finish!! It's not that I hate this blanket, it was just a serious doozie! Anyway, here's the Pinterest pin that links to the pattern for the new chevron blanket I have started. I didn't want to buy new yarn since I have quite a stock pile from previous endeavors so it's going to be a dark grey and dusty pink. So far it's going quite quickly!


Next, I made the Bucket List Board I've been pondering. Ever since I saw this pin and this pin my mind has been spinning. Mr. H and I wrote out the first 20 things on our bucket list during our honeymoon. It was really fun and we've added a few things to the list since then. While this piece of paper is fun and sentimental, I wanted something more prominent so we remember all the fantastic dreams we have! Enter the Bucket List Board (as I'm calling it).

This frame is now prominently mounted on our bedroom wall. While I have a few more items to add, I love the way it looks so far!
This was also super easy and fun to create! An old frame, some yarn from previously mentioned stock pile, hot glue, tiny close pins, and voila!

I messed with the yarn and frame on the floor until I determined about how spaced out I wanted my pieces. Then I marked both sides of the frame with a black marker. Then hot glue the yard to the marks and you're done! Hang on the wall and enjoy :)  Oh, p.s. I used my new favorite font Feel Script when I printed our list items--love it!

Then I took a break from crafting and Mr. H and I went to the newly finished Crystal Bridges Art Museum. Fun place. To be completely honest, we enjoyed the beautiful grounds and trails around the museum more than the art inside. Does that mean we're uncultured? Hopefully not...

Last project of the day still to be completed is my new winter wreath. Now, you remember this fun wreath, right? Well it's definitely past its time to come off the door since it's no longer fall, but I just can't take it down yet because I don't want my door to be naked. Gasp. I started the flowers that will adorn my winter wreath and hopefully I can show you the finished project soon. In the meantime, here is a sneak peek of a flower!
Pretty right?! I can't wait to show you the finished project!

Anyway, I have had a fantastic day of crafting :) I hope everyone is enjoying or getting ready to enjoy some much needed days away from work! Merry Christmas everyone!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment